Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I tried to find a good Thanksgiving joke to start out this blog. However, they were all too incredibly corny, even for me! So let's start this one off with what we are thankful for this year (from those who responded to my facebook status). Genevieve, age 8, claims she is thankful that her father doesn't like country music. However, I have a feeling someone else said these words (cough, cough Genevieve's father)! I am thankful that Genevieve's father does not like country music, because I was able to use his pre-sale code to purchase my Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw tickets early! Brady, age 9, told his mother that he is thankful that I (Elyssa) take care of him!! How sweet is that?!

Jake, age 4, told us he is thankful for America! Oh the naive innocence of children, just joking! America IS something to be thankful for, Jake! Ann, age (won't say), responded that she is thankful for her healthy, beautiful, and smart children. She has to say this, that's my mom! Bryce, age 5 told his mother that he is thankful for his Mom-mom and Daddy, but failed to mention her. I think she was a little offended. What are you thankful for? Please share!

As a child, I was a very picky eater (kinda wish I still was) and never looked forward to Thanksgiving the way other people did. So if your child is a mac n' cheese, chicken finger type of kid too, here are some great recipes from www.parenting.com you can try!

Dinner: Turkey Nuggets

Side Dish 1: Kid-Friendly Mashed Potato Scoops (let me know how these are)

Side Dish 2: Apple Stuffing

Dessert: Muffins

Now, on to my favorite portion of the holiday blogs, the arts and crafts! I think we all know how to make a paper chain by now. With rectangular pieces of construction paper, roll them into a circle, and loop them together. Eventually creating a long chain to hang on your walls, banisters, doors, etc. for decoration. BUT, for Thanksgiving, you and the children will write on each loop what you are thankful for, creating a thankful chain!

And of course, there is always the turkey hand. Trace your child's hand, making the thumb the head of the turkey, and the other fingers the feathers. If your feeling a little more creative and artsy check out some of these Thanksgiving Crafts from Kaboose. 

Now seriously, what are your plans for Black Friday? Personally, I'm intimidated by this day. However, to get the best out of this once-a-year shopping spree, I suggest that you leave the children at home (especially if you're shopping for them)! Whether you start your shopping at midnight or at noon, let The Babysitting Company know and we will be there!

I hope you all have a very happy, festive, delicious and special Thanksgiving this year!

Love,
Elyssa and The Babysitting Company

No comments:

Post a Comment